Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16, 2011

My 365...

What does it take to be a good mother?

Does it require a higher level of education?  No.  Does it cost a ridiculous amount of money to obtain?  No.  Does it take the perfect combination of beauty and brawn?  No.  Is it available only to the finest of blood lines?  No.

Then what?

"Instinct!"

I have been a mom for a quarter of a century, and my instinct is still ferociously strong.  Sure it has mellowed a bit, but it is still there none the less.  As we grow older, the voices in our head multiply 100 fold...no I am not hearing voices...I am referring to the mental noise of day to day life.  However the maternal instinct voice is still the leader of the crazy choir.  My maternal instinct is still the sharpest tool in the shed. 

So how does this instinct come to us?

Women are born with it.  All of us.  Whether we have birthed our children or not, it is a basic and wonderful gift given to all women by God and nature.  (If you don't believe in God, that is fine...but surely you believe in the wonder that is nature?)

A baby's cry must never go unanswered.  I hear a baby cry, and I want to scoop that baby into my arms and comfort him.  It would not matter if I am having an off day, it would not matter if I was not feeling well, it would not matter if I was engaged in an important or amazing opportunity.  The baby cries...I am there to comfort.

As humans we are able to filter out a lot of the noise.  As women...as maternal creatures...a baby's cry should never be one of those noises that can be filtered out.

My photos of the day...

Rain...rain...and more soggy rain...



*** Doggy Daily ***
Miss Lilly is staying inside where it is nice and dry.
Music I am listening to today...Jack Johnson



Random Link of the Day...What do to with all the pumpkin?

Until next time...Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says..."Oh Crap, she's up!"

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors