Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011

Happy Friday!  Any weekend plans?  If it is up to me, I will have about a dozen. :)

See?  I really have changed.  Before last week I would have been happy with a weekend of a whole lot of nothing.  Not any more.  I want adventure, and I want it with my favorite humans in the world...my boys.

This evening we went hiking close to Garrett's house at a park called Camel's Back.  It is a little farther than the one we have been going to, but I think it was worth the bit of extra effort.  The park is about 2 miles from home.

Either tomorrow or Sunday I really want to go to the Idaho State Penitentiary.  It is now a historical property, and from what I hear, very haunted!  I do not want to go to experience the paranormal, I want to go because I think it would be a great place to take pictures.  I love history and old structures.  Garrett said he would take me, so it will be a nice outing with my son and his honey.

I would also like to drive up the street to the ski resort on the top of the hill, Bogus Basin.  The base of the mountain is only a few blocks away, but the drive up can be a nail biter.  Well not so much the drive up...but the drive down.  It is so beautiful up there, and I have not been in a few years.  I would like to drive up before the snows come.  After that I would be way too scared!  So hopefully this weekend or one day during the week we can go.

There are so many awesome things to do in this city.  Beautiful places to see, great history to experience.  All one has to do is look.

The only other plans for the weekend are pumpkin carving, good movies, walking adventures, baking some pumpkin seeds and making some pineapple/pumpkin empanadas just like mom used to make, and lots of "mama-razzi" time.  It should be a GREAT weekend!

Hope yours is too. 

My photos of the day...

Camel's Back Park.
 Let's go mama.


 My gorgeous son Case.  <3
 
 Giving mom a heart attack.
 State Capital

 Rest spot fit for a queen?  lol :)
 
 
 My babies.  :)
 Daddy.
 Mama trying not to roll down the hill.
 An unidentified creature we spotted on the way down.  Eeew!  It was huge!
 *** Doggy Daily ***
Dozer went down with Casey...
 ...then came back up for mama.  :)
By the time I got to the bottom I had a little of the hill stuck in my shoe.
All that family fun right in our back yard, and it did not cost a dime.

Music I am listening to today...Chad Kroeger and Carlos Santana
I love this song...


Random Link of the Day...Generations.

Until next time..."This is a BULLSHIT free zone.  We do not apologize for any inconvenience!"

Have a great weekend!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors