Friday, July 1, 2011

Dinner is served!

Keeping it simple, Summer salad.

Now that I have my glucose meter, I am interested in seeing how different foods affect me, then I can start a process of elimination for all the bad foods.

Of course I know to stay away from all "white" flour products and processed foods.  Make substitutions for whole grains always, but I am more curious on the condiments.

Tonight my Summer salad was cucumber, tomato, spinach, carrot and a variety of lettuce.  I also added a little fresh watermelon and a little bit of cheese.  My favorite dressing in the world is Poppy Seed, and what I have on hand is not low sugar or any special dietetic formula, so I figured I would give it a try.

(No, my tomatoes aren't purple...my camera takes horrible indoor pictures....damn tungsten lighting)

I figured would use the Poppy Seed dressing, then check my levels after dinner and see how I did.  I will be sure I update with my results in an hour or so.

The only thing I would have added to this salad is maybe some chicken breast, avocado and whole wheat crunchy croutons.  Next time!

No, I am not becoming a connoisseur of rabbit food, I was really in the mood for a refreshing salad.  I will still figure out a way to eat healthy Mexican food, Italian food, Thai food and all my favorites!

Dinner was delicious though, and I feel completely satisfied!

Baby steps.  I will get there.


** Update ***
1.5 hour post meal my level read 105 which is low, and I feel like poop.  :*(  But it is late too.  I will feel much better after my doctor's appointment next week.  I have so much to learn!


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors