Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011

My 365...

It is so hard for the boys to work on school when the weather is perfect outside.  We are having a beautiful day, but the boys have scantron testing online.  That will be the priority of the day.  Maybe after the tests are completed, we can enjoy some time outdoors.

We were up fairly late last night so I am dragging a bit.  A funny thing happened though.  Blake wanted a bed time snack so I told him to go into the kitchen and fix something easy.  He came back with a plate full of...

 ... mayonnaise sandwiches.  When I was younger I used to LOVE to eat mayo sandwiches.  I thought it was quite funny to see him enjoy the same bizarre snack.  I have never introduced him to mayo sandwiches...it must be genetic.  lol

My photo of the day...
Random thoughts...I remember when I first became a mother, and my children were little, I used to wonder what it would be like to have adult children. Back then watching my little ones carry on in day to day shenanigans, I could hardly imagine them all grown up.

This week I went to visit Garrett at his home, and the next day, Brandon at his home and it dawned on me, I no longer need to imagine what it would be like because it already is and I love it.

Although I will say I am most fortunate in that I not only have adult children, but am still a mom to a little boy whose age is a single digit. How cool is that? I am literally parenting from one extreme to the other. Yes this means I have a long way to go before I can say all my children are adults, but I pray that God grants me the years to experience all of them as happy independent BIG people. 

I am not sure what I did to be blessed with such a great life, and amazing children, but whatever it was...Thank You!  And I am thankful to part of their lives.  :)

Music I am listening to today...Bon Jovi.

Until next time...“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ~ Steve Jobs

Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors