Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15.2011

My 365...

Want to play some Magic?

Brandon got the boys interested in the card game "Magic the Gathering", and now they love the game.  This card game has been around since 1993, and is still a very popular hobby!

Last week I drove Brandon and Blake to a game store that specializes in  this sort of game, and it was a very cool place.  There was a tournament taking place in the store, and behind the glass counter they had Magic cards for sale.  There were cards in the case being sold for $2,000.00!  I was amazed.

Today Blake decided he was going to teach mama how to play...



 Blake's GAME face.  :)

It has been a rainy dreary day, so a game of cards is much more fun that watching TV that is for sure!

I had an interesting few days so today is a good day to process and relax.  I do need to do that sometimes.  I had an unfortunate encounter with my toxic family back in San Antonio, but was able to brush off the bad feeling fairly easily.  Keeping perspective is something I have gotten very good at over the years, and it helped me remain balanced and calm as I lobbed away their garbage.   I would say I feel sorry for this particular family member but it is hard to feel pity for someone who brings so much darkness and negativity to the people in her world.  Sadly it is at a point in her life where there is nothing that can be done about it anymore. Damage is done, and I remove myself from her sad ring of destruction.

I moved away from Texas in 1996 for a reason.  My life here in the NW is a good life.  Texas is another world now, a world that I am no part of and I am so happy about that.  I do love my niece and nephews that live there, and of course my Nana and various other relatives, and I will always be here for them when they need a soft place to fall.  :)

I am going to relax the rest of the day!  We have to finish up home school over the next few weeks, Casey has an appointment with his therapist next week, and Amber and Brandon have invited us over to see their apartment!  That will undoubtedly be the high point of the week.  I LOVE spending time with them and baby Cooper.  It will be amazing!!

Have a wonderful week world.  Don't work too hard, and don't take the negative people in this world seriously.

Music I am listening to today...Linkin Park.

Until next time...“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors