Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 15, 2014

My 365...

I did it!  I got right back up on that horse.  Well...iron horse that is. After being in hibernation since October, Blake and I went for our first bike ride of the year.  The weather was gorgeous today, clear skies and 59°f.  To be honest, I was a bit nervous.  Even though we can average up to 800 miles a year on bike, with my RA being as bad as it has been this winter, I have been worried that I could not ride again.  But I did it!  I may be crawling the rest of the night...but hey, I had fun.  :)

When we started out, I wanted to keep it under 2 miles or so...did not want to overdo it.  But after about a mile, I felt great.  Our total ride ended up being 8.28 miles.  Not much, but it was great fun.  We stopped along the way so I could take pictures, and Blake could play in the park.

When we got home, I had a surprise visit from my daughter-in-law Amber.  She had baked some cakes for a baby shower, red velvet with a layer of cheesecake and my favorite "Amber" icing, so she had to bring me some.  It was so sweet of her.  Then she invited Blake to go back to Nampa to spend the night with them. Of course, he was thrilled. He loves staying the night with his big brother Brandon.  As for that cake...OH MY HANNAH MONTANA!  The 665 calories I burned on the bike ride today, will all be gained right back. But I don't care, I LOVE Amber's cakes!  "Thank you Amber."  *love*

This was a really amazing day.  Life is great!  Hope your day was amazing planet, and that the sun is shining in your world.

Until next time...
Ready to ride mom.


My beautiful Boise.



Walk a little...ride a little.  :)





Some more random photos from today...Casey and his friend Austin.

Austin is spending the weekend with us.  :)
Casey enjoying his new wheels.
And here is the delicious cake Amber brought me...sooooo yummy!

I shot the photos today using one of Garrett's cameras. Instead of using my Canon T3, I used Garrett's Canon 20D.  He put a 50mm fixed lens on it.  I will say, I love the camera, the lens, not so much.  It is challenging to shoot with a fixed lens.  Maybe when he is not looking, I will grab his 50D.  Shhhhh...don't tell him I said that.  
Total ride today...8.28 miles.

Music I am listening to today...John Mayer   Why Georgia


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors