Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8, 2011

My 365...

Another restless night in my home last night.  Blake is still sick, and could not get to sleep at all.  Poor baby.  :*(

We stayed up for hours talking, trying to take his mind off how terrible he was feeling.  Finally about 4:30 AM he got his appetite back so we went down to the kitchen and I made him some yummy pancakes.  I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and Blake gave me his usual response, "Mom, Christmas is about family.  And we just got a new house, that is what is for Christmas."

Most may think that was clever use of reverse psychology.  But with Blake, he was serious.  I had asked him a few days earlier to show me some things he likes online, so my Santa list for him is done.  He has been a very good boy this year.  So sweet and loving, definitely no chunk of coal in his Christmas stocking this year!

For Blake at age 10, Christmas is a very exciting time...as it should be.  Being the youngest of five children, I need to work extra hard to be sure that he gets to enjoy an awesome Christmas just as his big sister and brothers did when they were his age. 

Even Casey at age 16 still loves all the traditions and fun that come with the holiday season.  Although Casey's list is really short.  All he wants for Christmas is a driver's license and a car!  Not much...lol  Last night he told me he did not want anything for Christmas this year because he found a new girlfriend!  Oh dear.  I may need something from Santa to calm my nerves.  A new girlfriend?  Already?  Lets talk about that car.  Argh!!!

They grow too fast...

My photo of the day...

Blake and his friend Dozer.  He can still manage a smile even though he is feeling poorly.  :)
 *** Doggy Daily ***
"What about what I want for Christmas mama?"
"Okay Miss Lilly, what would you like for Christmas dear?"
"My own room!"
"Sure, I think I can fit your crate in the master bedroom closet."
"Not funny!"
"Oh I think it is.."  :)

Music I am listening to today...Patty Griffin

Random Link of the Day...All I want for Christmas

Until next time..."Life is awesome...shake it like a Polaroid picture...you will love what develops."

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

2 comments:

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Your son has found the true meaning of Christmas and that is wonderful. Trust me, he will carry this with him for the rest of his life. You have done good :-) I love your conversations with Ms. Lily...RLOL! I have to kitties, their conversation goes something like this....I rule, you drool.

Veronica said...

Thank you Deb, he is a sweetheart. I am blessed with four amazing sons!

As for Miss Lilly, She is pretty easy to read. LOL And of course kitties rule!

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors