Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011

My 365...

It is a sad day for our little squirrel family.  We discovered one of the young ones in the yard this morning under the tree.  We had quite the windstorm last night, so I think it may have been blown out of the tree.  There were no obvious signs of trauma.  Poor little thing.  :*(  RIP baby squirrel.

Blake discovered her and came rushing in because he thought she was still breathing.  I guess he was hoping mom could do some CPR on the sweet little fur baby.  But no, there were no signs on life.  I would not even begin to know how to revive a baby squirrel!  Oh well, mother nature knows what she does.

No developments with Blake's little Robin egg either.  I am pretty sure it is a dud, but Blake insists on keeping it warm for a few more days.  I don't have the heart to throw it away just yet.

My photo of the day...



This pretty little mama has her nest under the roof right by the front door.  Not the best place in the world to raise babies, but we love watching her every day.  :)


Music I am listening to today...Carlos Bertonatti.


Until next time..."Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson  


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors