Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011

My 365...


Today is definitely an "inside" day.  You can see the pollen and allergens floating around in the air.  It almost looks like snow.  *achoo!*

We do not generally suffer from allergies in this family, but the boys and I are dragging.

I had a midnight visit from Garrett last night, and it was great to see him.  He does not live too far from here, but he rode his bike!  He loves riding his bike everywhere he goes, but that late at night I worry.  His big truck costs a fortune in gas, so he usually leaves it parked on the weekend.  He will put on his headphones, listen to great music and ride for hours.

He has so many projects going lately that he is extremely busy.  I miss seeing him more often, but this mama will take what she can get...even if it is after midnight.  J

Today is Jack's birthday.  He turned the big "49!"  Now instead of being 2 years younger than me, he is only one year.  He does love to rub it in those months that I am 2 years his senior.  Although I do believe once you get close to 50 it does not matter much anymore.  He did have to work most of the day, but I made him some delicious Italian meatballs and pasta.  Too bad he has to work tomorrow too, but he will be off Father's Day weekend.

He seemed a little sad today, and went to bed early.  I think I know why, but as usual we did not talk about it.  Jack tends to keep things bottled up inside, and it is never a good idea to make him talk about things he is uncomfortable or upset about unless he initiates the conversation.  Then all I can do is listen.

I get really frustrated for the same reasons that he does, but I believe we have put in our time, and we now need to concentrate on things that make us happy.  Let go of the things that don't.  We deserve peace and happiness...and peace and happiness we shall have.

Tomorrow will be a better day...it always is.

Happy Birthday Jack.  :)

My photos of the day...




Music I am listening to today...Ronnie Dunn.

Until next time...Compassion + tolerance = Peace


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors