Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011

My 365...

Good Afternoon World!  :)


Can you say Hypoglycemia?  I now know what that is, and let me tell you, it is not a good thing!  I was struck with this frightening condition yesterday, and it is rather unsettling. Taking Diabetes medication without monitoring your blood sugar is not such a good thing, so it is back to sticking my finger several times a day.  I am happy about it though because going into a coma does not sound so delightful.  :P  It is a little strange that my doctor did not have me monitoring my blood sugar.  Hmmm...maybe it is time for a new doctor.

What I found to be so fascinating is that after I took my medication I knew something was not right with me at all.  I experienced a sudden wave of "OMG I need to lay down I can not keep my eyes open", and I was seriously craving orange juice so much so that Jack had to go get me some.  I am not even that particularly fond of OJ.  After I drank about 16 ounces I felt better.  Lesson here...your body knows what it needs, you only have to listen!  I am pretty sure the problem is that my dose of meds is too high, so no more until I can check my levels more frequently.

I feel great today!

On a lighter note, it will be fun having a foodie blog with healthy Diabetic safe choices.  I experienced gestational diabetes with my last three pregnancies, and I was on a very strict diet to manage my insulin.  It was the healthiest I had ever been, so this is actually a good thing.  See...there is a bright side to everything, you just have to open your eyes and look.

This blog has grown and changed into so many different things.  It started out as a simple "365", that turned into my online journal branching off to "Cooking fun", "Life after 50", "Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis", "Empty Nest Syndrome" and now healthy eating to manage Diabetes.  I think it is safe to say I am a happy mess!  LOL  Stay tuned!

My photo of the day....

"Is it time mom is it time?"

We are babysitting Cooper today and Blake is beside himself with excitement!!  Mama is too.

*** Doggy Daily ***

"Excuse me humans!  We seem to be experiencing inclement weather out here, may I come in?  Please?  NOW!!!"




Miss Lilly is not fond of thunder and lightning at all.

Music I am listening to today...Al Green.

Until next time..."Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live."


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors