Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dinner is served!

My Kowboy Klops came out delicious!
Ingredients:

Jimmy Dean Sausage
Jiffy Corn Muffin mix.
Veg. oil.
Cucumber
Tomato
Jalapeno

 I rolled the Jimmy Dean into small meatballs, sauteed, then covered and let cook for a good 25 minutes or so on low.  I like to make sure my balls are cooked through.  :)

 Follow the directions on the Jiffy Corn Muffin mix.  One egg, 1/3 cup of milk is all you need per box of mix.  This corn bread mix can be pretty sweet, so you may want to add some savory seasoning if that is your preference.
 Drain the balls on some paper towel, roll those puppies in your cornbread, and plop into your hot veg. oil. 

You don't want the oil to be too hot or the outside will crisp before the inside is cooked...you want crispy balls, but not raw ones.  lol

Drain them on paper towel and your done!

If you want gravy on the side, I drain the grease out of the frying pan that I used to brown the balls.  Add a tablespoon or 2 of butter, and 2 tablespoons of flour.  Season with salt, pepper and cayenne into a roux, then add milk to consistency.  I like hot and spicy, so lots of the cayenne!

With the leftover cornbread mix, you can pour in a pie pan and bake for some yummy cornbread.  Or drop by spoon full into hot oil and make hush puppies that you can dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with honey for desert.  (Then not eat cornbread again for at least a month.)

Cooking time about an hour.

Serve up with sliced cucumber, tomato and jalapeno and a nice tall glass of OJ on ice.

When I cook I seldom measure, so Paula Dean I am not...but dinner was delightful.  :)


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors