Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011

My 365...


My 365...

Ask and you shall receive!  That really is how life goes.  Here I was thinking it was time for a move and a larger house, and today we received a letter that our landlords are filing bankruptcy.  I feel so badly for them as they are really nice people.  Everything happens for a reason.  I am not sure what this means for us just yet.  We have quite a large deposit on this house, but they assure us that it will be returned to us.

So it is house shopping time!  To be honest, I am a bit excited about moving.  As much as I love this little house, there is no storage and we have quickly outgrown the square footage.  I just pray we can find a house on the same side of town that has a large yard and no carpeting.  Goodness I hate carpet!  The boys are excited too and have their own list of "must haves" for our new dwelling.  Blake wants a two story, and Casey wants to be as close to the foothills and north end as possible.  Wish us luck!

Jack mentioned the possibility of buying this house from the bank, but it does need a lot of upgrades to the windows and insulation.  Of course if the price is right, anything is possible.  It is prime real estate and quite a large lot in a great area of town.  I spoke to the trustee this morning and she is gathering information for me.  The filing is very new and not even in the system yet.

We keep seeing in the news how horrible the economy is, however up to now it has not really effected us other than the price of gas and groceries.  Jack and I both have good jobs with great benefits and consider ourselves to be very blessed.

When we lived in Texas we moved 1 time.  I am not one for moving, and like to settle down and grow roots.  Since we have been here in Boise, our first home of 10 years had to be sold when the owners when through a messy divorce.  The next rental we had, that we loved, had to go back to the owners when they moved back from California due to economic changes.  We finally found a newer home that we were renting to own to avoid any more moves, and the unscrupulous owner let the house go into foreclosure without even telling us.  We found out after the fact and lost quite a bit of money.  And now this lovely little place's owners are suffering from our bad economy.  They are good people though and have been very nice landlords.  I wish them the very best.  My only regret is that I was hoping to have time to visit Utah and Oregon before we moved again to give those areas tour to see if a major move was in the works for us.

Whatever happens I leave it is God's hands.  He never lets us down, and everything that has happened in my life has always had a silver lining.  There is no question that this latest development will too.  Life is good, and life is exciting!  Remember me....glass always half full!

My photo of the day...what the heck is it?

This little plant looks like it came from the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

We will definitely keep an eye of it to see what develops.

** Doggy Daily for June 14, 2011 **

Miss Lilly....



Music I am listening to today...Spyro Gyra.  Harbor Nights.


Until next time..."No hay mal que por bien no venga"  my grandmother used to say this to me all the time.  It basically translates to "Something good comes from all things bad", or every cloud has a silver lining.  Definitely words to live by.  :)



Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors