Blake only has two more days of school left...woot!...so today is study day for the last few finals. I was hoping to get the run built on my chicken coop, but Garrett really needed a day off and Jack was called into work. This was actually a good thing as I completely forgot that Blake needed help with preparing for his last few finals. To help study, I ordered a Pizza feast for dinner!
My garden is growing really well. Yesterday I noticed that I have some peppers, tomatoes and strawberries growing. My leaves are looking really sad though. The bugs are starting to have a feast day with my veggies, so today I sprayed everything down with a homemade cocktail of goodies that is supposed to take care of all the pests. I followed the instructions on this Youtube video. I really hope it works as there is no way I am going to use pesticides. I have too many animals to worry about.
This is the recipe for the spray I am using...
1 quart water
1/2 cup cold coffee
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon dish soap
1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 4 drops peppermint oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
You can watch the video here...*CLICK*
As you can see, the chicks have grown! It looks more like Blake has a Golden Eagle on his shoulder than a Welsummer Chick. Yep, we finally know for sure what breed she is.
My baby seeds for cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, and basil have sprouted...yay! I get so excited when my seeds grow. My spinach is not showing any growth yet though, and that makes me sad. Hopefully they will sprout soon.
The only bad thing that happened this month is that I got ZERO cycling miles in. Between the gardening and the chickens, I really did not have any time. I have the chickens free ranging, so I have to keep an eye on them when they are out. Blake could not ride either with his fractured clavicle, and it is just not as much fun without my cycling buddy. But I am not too upset about it. I have had so much fun with my new hobbies that I have managed to stay active in other ways. Hopefully Blake and I can work in a few rides in June. :)
Speaking of June...Welcome!
Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.
My 365 Blog.
Follow Me on...
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- May 31, 2015 - Garden Update...and Good-Bye to May...
- May 29, 2015 - Overnight Stay in Coop de'Ville
- May 28, 2015 - Coop Progress!
- May 26, 2015 - Project Chicken Coop
- May 23, 2015 - Best Friends
- May 22, 2015 - Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
- May 21, 2015 - Has Anyone Seen My Bike?
- May 20, 2015 - It Was a Lovely Day for Frolicking
- May 18, 2015 - Good-Bye Louie...Louie
- May 17, 2015 - More Samples for Me?
- May 15, 2015 - We Have Chicken Coop Lift Off!
- May 14, 2015 - Achievement Unlocked!
- May 13, 2015 - A Letter To My Chicken
- May 12, 2015 - Gardening With Chickens
- May 10, 2015 - Happy Mother's Day!
- May 9, 2015 - Henny Penny Updates.
- May 8, 2015 - Slow Progress Is Better Than No Prog...
- May 6, 2015 - Broken Bones and Other Such Madness
- May 5, 2015 - Garden, Chicken Update
- May 3, 2015 - It Was a Great Weekend!
- May 01, 2015 - Hello May
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- 2011 (631)
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)