So far the coop is completely framed, and about 3/4 of the way done.
Comfortable roosting bar...check!
Wood parquet flooring...check! Wait, what? Okay, okay, we are not THAT obsessed, it is peel and stick linoleum. lol
They still have to finish the trim, and build the nesting box on the back side. I still need to decide on paint color for the trim, and decorations. I am also going to have them build some planter boxes for my herbs, and maybe some flowers. Garrett might even paint a custom art piece for the coop door. He is not happy with the plywood look. I think that would be amazing!
Next they have to build the enclosed run that will be attached to the actual coop, and build a door for the run. The framing for that is reclaimed wood from a playhouse and deck that Garrett and his friend salvaged, and it will be completely enclosed with hardware cloth. I will also be planting strawberry, mint and lavender around the chicken run itself.
I think my 3 little hens will be very happy with their new home. Blake and Miss Lilly definitely approve.
Speaking of my three little hens, it is funny how they have worked their way into all of our hearts. They are just chickens, right? Nope, they are our three little hens, and we LOVE them! I even caught Jack having a conversation with "the girls" yesterday. :)
My guys are awesome! I can't wait to see the finished project.
Yeah...right...sure. :) It is a way cool place to hang out, watch a little Youtube under the stars.
Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.
My 365 Blog.
Follow Me on...
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- May 31, 2015 - Garden Update...and Good-Bye to May...
- May 29, 2015 - Overnight Stay in Coop de'Ville
- May 28, 2015 - Coop Progress!
- May 26, 2015 - Project Chicken Coop
- May 23, 2015 - Best Friends
- May 22, 2015 - Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
- May 21, 2015 - Has Anyone Seen My Bike?
- May 20, 2015 - It Was a Lovely Day for Frolicking
- May 18, 2015 - Good-Bye Louie...Louie
- May 17, 2015 - More Samples for Me?
- May 15, 2015 - We Have Chicken Coop Lift Off!
- May 14, 2015 - Achievement Unlocked!
- May 13, 2015 - A Letter To My Chicken
- May 12, 2015 - Gardening With Chickens
- May 10, 2015 - Happy Mother's Day!
- May 9, 2015 - Henny Penny Updates.
- May 8, 2015 - Slow Progress Is Better Than No Prog...
- May 6, 2015 - Broken Bones and Other Such Madness
- May 5, 2015 - Garden, Chicken Update
- May 3, 2015 - It Was a Great Weekend!
- May 01, 2015 - Hello May
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- 2011 (631)
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)