Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

In the past 24 hours, I have gained a whole new respect for my son Casey.  Casey has dealt with severe anxiety all of his life.  He would often have debilitating panic attacks, and nothing I could say would make it better. He had to work through them, and he did.  What I experienced yesterday was truly frightening.  I would not wish it on my own worst enemy!

Casey stopped by on his work break today, and I am so glad he did.  I gave him the biggest hug, and told him how sorry I am that he has had to deal with anxiety for so long.  But no more.  Casey has learned to conquer anxiety.  No medication, no therapy, just getting to know his own mind and how to cope.  I am in awe of him.  Casey is my wild child.  He is constant motion, and always living life to the fullest, often causing mama to cringe a time or two...or three.  Oh that Casey!  But he is also the bravest person I know.  He looked straight into the eyes of anxiety and panic attacks and pretty much said, "Kiss my butt!"  Trust me, I am sure he used different words, as this wild child of mine cusses like a sailor, but you get the point.  He told me that he stopped fighting his mind, and just agreed with it. "Okay, you are telling me I can't breathe?  Fine, I can't breathe, now get over it."  Then it would pass.  I am not sure I can do that, and hopefully I don't ever have to put it to the test again, but I am glad it works for him.

Today has been a much better day.  And tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...will only get better.  :)

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.

My 365...
More pretty flowers today.  I am keeping my daily photos colorful this week.  We can always use a little extra color in life.  :)

#TBT is in honor of my daddy. He would have turned 78 tomorrow. It is hard to believe 13 years have passed since his death. Daddy died just one month before Blake was born, so my youngest son never got to meet "grumpy" but we tell him all about him. "Happy Birthday in heaven daddy! Hope you are getting lots of cake." 


My favorite Instagram feed belongs to my son Garrett.  He is stepping up his Instagram game with some amazing photos!  They are so different too.  *Click Here* for Garrett's Instagram feed.  Garrett is very creative, and his photos are out of the ordinary.  I love that about him.

Here are some screen shots of his latest images. (Screen shots do not do these images justice!)

He took this one last night in a cave he discovered in the Boise foot hills.

Not everyone can light up a room.

This photo he took at the top of the Boise foothills, where the stars are incredible.  What I love about this photo is that the constellation Orion is so low on the horizon.  I have never seen it that close to earth.

Why sleep through a dream when you can stay awake and live it.

Music I am listening to today...Vance Joy, Mess is Mine


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors