Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23, 2014

My 365, Day number 1,727.

Hello Dear Family,

Today's blog entry started much different this morning.  I was feeling really off and out of sorts with the world.  Then I realized that when that happens, one simply needs to step away from the situation, rest the mind, then revisit when the heart and mind have rested.  I did that, and what a difference a few hours makes.  I now realize how insignificant that moment, and that person are.  The boys really helped.  "Mom, ignore that person.  You know who you are."  And they are right, my boys are always right.  I do know who I am, and all is well on planet Veronica.  The darkness that precedes this person is truly frightening sometimes. However, the sun shines brightly here, and there is no room for any darkness.

I called my aunty again this afternoon, and she was much better.  This time she laughed, we laughed, as we talked about the day, and family, and my boys.  She still does not remember much. She did not even remember my phone call yesterday, which is often the case.  She asked me if I had a boyfriend?  I reminded her that I have been married to Jack for the last 30 years, and that we are doing great, to which she responded..."Jack?  Who is Jack?"  That is actually a blessing in disguise...she never liked Jack much.  lol :)  It was a good visit, and one that I plan of having with her daily.  Between my aunt Rita, my cousin Teresita and I, we can help her feel connected to family, and less alone in this world.  All three of us are far away, but thankfully, distance is only a number. We can still reach out and let her know she is loved. The conversation ended with her usual, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"  To which I reply..."If it is Christmas, where are my tamales lady?"  She always made the BEST holiday tamales.  We laughed and she told me..."It is your turn to make the tamales."  Maybe I will this year.

Today was otherwise a very quiet day.  Casey moved back home as his living situation ended up being not so great at all. I am so relieved actually.  I did not have a good feeling about the people he was living with...and it seems mama was right.  Not a good situation at all.  He is pretty depressed about it, but I just have to remind him that everything will be okay.  He has a good job now, and he has a plan and a means to put that plan into motion.  He is on the right track.  In the mean time, he is home, he is safe and he is loved.  One day at a time.

Life is good.  I have not a single complaint.  I hope your day was a great one.  A most epic, fantabulous, amazing day.  :)

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.

My 365...
This is my view, first thing in the morning.  Miss Lilly sleeps with Blake at night.  Once he is asleep, she sneaks into my room and curls up on my chair.  When I wake up in the morning, she is waiting for me.
"Let's go mama...let's get this day started!"

She is my best friend, my little Lilly bug.  Well, she is my "canine" best friend.  (Lisa...you are my human best friend!)  Miss Lilly is 8 pounds of solid joy, and I love her so much.  She will be five years old in January.  I am so glad Garrett and Kori brought her into my world.  Life just would not be the same without my Lilly bug.  <3

Music I am listening to today...OneRepublic, If I Lose Myself

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors