Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 20, 2013

My 365...

My heart has been so heavy for the last few days.  This has been such a sad and stressful time for our country this week.   :*(

I feel so much sorrow for the victims of the bombing at the Boston Marathon.  All they were doing was celebrating life on a beautiful day, when they were touched by evil.  Then in West Texas, with the explosion.  Just an ordinary day in small town Texas USA, and in a flash...everything changes.

Conspiracy theories abound!  Some ridiculous, some that make you wonder?  What the heck is going on in our world today?

I made the grievous error of following all the media news posts on Facebook, and even worse, reading the hundreds of comments posted by my fellow "Americans."  Comments that shocked, horrified, and saddened me more than the events did.  How is that possible?  So much HATRED in our world today.

As I read all the comments damning the two young men who are suspected of the bombing in Boston, I felt sick to my stomach.  People blasting immigration, people celebrating the capture of one...the death of the other.  Blasting immigration?  Really planet?  One of the heroes the day of the bombing was Carlos Arredondo.  A selfless, brave, compassionate man who did not hesitate to come to the aid of a complete stranger.  Never once worrying about the danger he was placing himself in.  He ran into the fire.  Guess what people?  Carlos Arredondo is an immigrant.  Unless you have descended from Native Americans, or Mexicans in the south...we are all immigrants.

"NO MERCY!  Strap bombs to them!  Hang them!"  As I read these horrible comments being posted, I felt ashamed to be American.  I had to ask myself,,,how are we so different than those who bring evil and terror on the world?  How are we any better than they are?  So much anger and hatred being spewed from the mouths of my fellow Americans.  We are supposed to be a peaceful nation.  We are supposed to be an example for our children and their children.  We are supposed to show compassion.  We are supposed to rise above evil, yet everything that I read WAS evil.  Everything I read was angry, hopeless, hatred.

My heart breaks for all the victims in Boston.  But my heart also breaks for these two young men, and for their family and friends.  These men were also someone's son, someone's husband, someone's father.  Somehow they came to a place in their spirit where there was hatred, anger, fear, evil.  We must ask why?  Why do these things happen in our world today?  Isn't it obvious planet?  You don't have to look far to see anger, hatred, intolerance, bigotry and evil.  It is sometimes no further than your neighbor.  It is everywhere.  We have to change that planet.

As I think of little Martin William Richard, the youngest victim of Boston Marathon bombing, all I can see is him standing with his poster that read; "No More Hurting People.  Peace."  We should honor his memory, by doing that very thing.  <3

*exhale*

Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.  ~ Frederick Buechner

Blake and I enjoyed a nice long biking adventure today.  It felt good to get out and breath in some fresh, clean, happy air.  It was peaceful and fun...the way life should be.  We smiled at every person we passed on the bike path, and they smiled back.  We stopped by the Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial by the park.  It is one of our favorite places here in Boise.  And I enjoyed a delightful late lunch with my son, and a stop by the park on the way home.  It was an awesome day.

Hope your day was great too planet.

 There is no wall too high...
 ...or path too steep for Blake.
 Flags at half-staff.




 My handsome dinner date.  :)
 Gum-ball machine treasures.  Note the chihuahua is marking his territory.  lol


 Giving Ann Frank a high-five.
 Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial Wall







  Total ride...12.57 miles.

***Doggy Daily***
Enjoying some TV with Stella.


Music I am listening to today...Seal, What's Goin' On


Random Link of the Day...The Host , Blake and I watched this movie last night.  It was delightful!

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors