Blake did stay home from school today as he has managed to get get a dreadful cold. Colds are usually not a big deal, but when Blake catches a cold, his tonsils get really angry.
The weather was perfect, so I suggested he go outside and rest in the sun while I worked on the garden, and let the chickens run about. A good dose of vitamin D did him a world of good.
I am working on training the chickens because I want to them to come to me when I call them. I would like to let them free range for a few hours a day while I am gardening and keeping an eye of them. For the most part, they are independent little hens, but at least they stick together. Thelma seems to be the lead hen. They follow her around quite well, and of all the hens, Thelma is the closest to me. She loves to snuggle.
After a few minutes of free ranging in the yard, Blake decided to lay down in the grass and they all came running over to him. Blake is the chicken whisperer. Then I sat in the grass next to him, and all my babies came running over to me. YAY! I was so happy. I felt like a true mother hen. It was adorable. :)
Then the best part of the day, my daughter-in-law Amber and grandson Cooper surprised us with a visit. Amber is working hard, getting ready to start her own business, and had been out running errands with Cooper. I am so proud of Amber. Going into business for yourself is a scary proposition...I know, I did it! Amber is not afraid. She has a dream, and she will see her dream come true, and it will be amazing! A lot of work...but amazing. Go Amber!!
Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.
My 365 Blog.
Follow Me on...
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- April 30, 2015 - See Ya April!
- April 29, 2015 - Beards and Chickens
- April 28, 2015 - Garden Update
- April 27, 2015 - Another Delightful Monday
- April 25, 2015 - Cycling Challenge, Ride 13
- April 24, 2015 - Miss Lilly and Thema
- April 23, 2015 - Cycling Chickens!
- April 22, 2015 - No Project Too Difficult
- April 21, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 12
- April 20, 2015 - When Mondays Are Perfect!
- April 19, 2015 - Garding is Fun!
- April 18, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 11
- April 17, 2015 - Chicken, Chickens, Chickens...
- April 14, 2015 - Indoor Gardening 101
- April 13, 2015 - The Chicks
- April 12, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 10.....
- April 11, 2015 - A Cold and Blustery Day
- April 10, 2015 - Operation Spring Garden
- April 9, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 9...S...
- April 8, 2015 - Gardening Progress
- April 6, 2015 - Best Gift Ever!
- April 6, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 8...a...
- Happy Easter! April 5, 2015
- April 3, 2015 - A Beautiful Day for Gardening
- April 2, 2015 - Fun With My Grandchildren
- April 1, 2015 - Happy April!
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- 2011 (631)
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)