The weather today...holy cow! We had a little snow/sleet this morning, as it was freezing. The rest of the day has been crazy windy, gusts up to 37 mph winds, and so chilly. Certainly in no way, shape or form, conducive to outdoor gardening.
I checked with a local gardening expert, and he told me not to even think of planting before May 10. In other words, spring has not fully sprung.
I don't mind though. My planting boxes are still under construction, and daddy Jack is still laying out the backyard for me. The fence dividing the garden from the dog's area is done, and it looks amazing. Jack still had to build the gate for me, and Garrett has to finish the planting boxes.
I am having all sorts of fun researching the chickens, and working with the boys on designing the ultimate chicken coop. A great friend sent me some links for some chicken groups on Facebook, thank you Mary, and there are plenty of helpful videos on YouTube. I am still not sure what breed my babies are, but Garrett promised to go to the place he bought them, and find out for me.
In the meantime, the chicks, and the plants, are enjoying a life of luxury in my breakfast nook. We were not using it for dining anyway. I have the plants set up on a bench, so weather permitting, Blake helps me carry them outside for sunshine and watering, then back inside for the evening.
So far so good. My plants are thriving, and the baby chicks are happy, healthy, warm and growing.
New plant added today, a beautiful Easter Lilly courtesy of Jack. Thank you honey. :)
My 365 Blog.
Follow Me on...
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- April 30, 2015 - See Ya April!
- April 29, 2015 - Beards and Chickens
- April 28, 2015 - Garden Update
- April 27, 2015 - Another Delightful Monday
- April 25, 2015 - Cycling Challenge, Ride 13
- April 24, 2015 - Miss Lilly and Thema
- April 23, 2015 - Cycling Chickens!
- April 22, 2015 - No Project Too Difficult
- April 21, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 12
- April 20, 2015 - When Mondays Are Perfect!
- April 19, 2015 - Garding is Fun!
- April 18, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 11
- April 17, 2015 - Chicken, Chickens, Chickens...
- April 14, 2015 - Indoor Gardening 101
- April 13, 2015 - The Chicks
- April 12, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 10.....
- April 11, 2015 - A Cold and Blustery Day
- April 10, 2015 - Operation Spring Garden
- April 9, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 9...S...
- April 8, 2015 - Gardening Progress
- April 6, 2015 - Best Gift Ever!
- April 6, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 8...a...
- Happy Easter! April 5, 2015
- April 3, 2015 - A Beautiful Day for Gardening
- April 2, 2015 - Fun With My Grandchildren
- April 1, 2015 - Happy April!
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- 2011 (631)
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)