Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

My 365...

Casey:  "I need a social life!

Me:  "Yay, of course you do son and I am so happy you feel that way.  Now study first...socialize second!"

Casey has always been a bit of a late bloomer.  Up to now, he was happy with the little bit of social life he has had with friends through instant messaging and online games.  I have been waiting for the day that he wants to get his license and "hang out" with friends and I welcome it.

We have been teaching him how to drive, and he is very comfortable with that now, so all that is left is to get his license.  He has reconnected with many of the friends he went to mainstream school with, and they are all starting to make plans for getting together on the weekends, and I am happy for that.  I knew all this would come in good time.

Many "naysayers" were predicting that the home school environment was not a good idea because it prevents a child from developing their social skills and they lack much needed social interaction.  To them I say poppycock!  Casey is very comfortable in a room full of people, and can hold his own just fine.  He is funny, smart, friendly and a great friend to anyone who is fortunate enough to be able to have him as a friend.  He is not socially awkward or withdrawn.  Quite the contrary, he is strong, outgoing, and an all around awesome young man.  And just like his brothers, very considerate and respectful of others as well. We just need to work on his temper.  Hmmmm, I wonder where he gets that from?  :)

Oh dear...but what about girls?  A mother's worse nightmare?  Nah, Casey will do just fine with those creatures as well.  Besides, this mama can be pretty scary when she wants to be....bwaaaahhaaahhaaa!  Better watch out girlies!

Amber and I were talking the other day and I reminded her that someday she will be faced with girlies trying to take her Cooper for a ride.  She laughed and told me she would have a shotgun ready.  I replied....

"Yeah, those girls with have to deal with mama AND grandma!"...the poor dears.  lol

Life always comes full circle...eventually.  :)

My photo of the day...

Growing too fast.

*** Doggy Daily ***
"Arrrroooof!"

All that stick chewing has done a number on the old man's teeth.  We may need to get his some senior dog biscuits.

Music I am listening to today...Amy Winehouse.

Random Link of the Day...On This Day.

Until next time..."I find happiness in the simplest of things."

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors