Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013

My 365...

Happy Thursday planet.  Blake stayed home sick from school today.  Poor kid is not feeling well at all.  It is really nice having him home all day though.  Hopefully with some rest he will be back to his energetic old self tomorrow.

Casey has been home today also, which has been nice.  He is not handling this "in-between" period of his life very well.  The post high school, pre.."the rest of his life" few months where he is trying to decide in which direction he wants to go, and he has been in a place that he does not need to be in.  He has lost his focus a little bit.  But that is changing as of today.  There are so many great opportunities and possibilities, but it is hard to get an 18 year old to see much past today.  I remember being 18, starting college, and my heart was just not in it...but I had no choice.  My boys are not like that.  They have to love what they are doing, or keeping that all important focus is not going to happen.  And they won't settle for anything less than 100 percent "epic cool."  I love that about them.  But as their mom, I have to do all I can to keep them on track and minimize unnecessary distractions.  Time for mama to kick it into mama bear mode...rawrrrrrr!

We meet with the surgeon in two weeks to set up Casey's jaw surgery, so I am trying to keep him relaxed and positive so that he has no worries leading in to the surgery.  That is so important, as this surgery is not going to be easy.  I know this because I went through it at his age.  The big difference being that I only had my lower jaw reset...Casey is having upper and lower jaws broken and reset.  He is facing some huge recovery time.  Fortunately his big brother Garrett has gone out of his way to be there for Casey, and thank God for that.  With a role model like Garrett, and a strong mama bear like me...Casey will be fine.

It is another gorgeous day today in Idaho.  Hope the sun is shining bright in your world.  :)

My two youngest boys.  Two amazing, strong, independent....AWESOME...young men.  *love*



My neighbor's beautiful bright orange roses.



 ***Doggy Daily***


Music I am listening to today...As requested by Casey...Puddle of Mudd, Control  Time to take that control back honey.  :)


Random Link of the Day...Candy Corn Cake

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors