Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27, 2010

My 365...

I was organizing my things today, and came across one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. My mother's high school graduation ring. She graduated in 1949 from a small school run by Catholic nuns in south Texas. Such a beautiful ring, and I am so happy to have it.

My mom was always and will always be my hero. She went on to college to obtain a degree in education, and was an amazing teacher for over 30 years. She was the ultimate "working mom", back when being a working mom was not so common.

She loved and cared for everyone around her. Even when she was later diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, she never slowed down. She took care of dad, took care of my sisters and I, took care of her mother until she passed, and was the best teacher and mentor for her students.

*Cheers* to you mom! I love you always and forever and miss you so much. :)



0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors