Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 9, 2015 - Summertime Heat!

It has been so hot this week.  Our highs are approaching 100°f, and with very low humidity, it is hot!
My biggest challenge has been keeping my little hens cool.  I have filled a cooler with ice, and blow a fan through it to their run.  I have also been feeding them frozen corn and peas, and putting lots of ice in their water.  Letting them out of their run several times a day to flap their wings helps too.  So far so good.

We are almost done with the coop too.  After it cools down this evening, I will plant some mint, lavender and strawberry around the coop.  Then all that is left is for Garrett to finish the siding, Jack to create a shaded roof for the run, and for me to decide whether or not I want to paint it.  I sort of like the rough look of it.  Using all reclaimed and recycled wood, it has a very eclectic look about it. I may leave it natural, or paint the trim white.  Either way it is an awesome coop, and I love it!

I finally got to talk to my Nana in Texas today.  She hardly ever answers the phone anymore, so I usually end up speaking to the staff to be sure she is okay.  And my auntie Rita checks on her too. Aunt Rita and I speak at least once a week so we can keep each other up to date on how Nana is doing.  Nana sounded wonderful this morning, very cheerful and happy, and she remembered who I was.  The last few conversations we had, she was very confused, and the last batch of photos of the boys and grandchildren that I sent her, really confused her. She kept saying that she had no clue who all those people where?  :'(  Bless her heart.  She still remembers me though, and that makes my heart happy.  <3  She is 96 years old now..

Some photos from my world...

Garden #1 is growing great!  My special, home-made bug spray has been working wonderfully.  I still have all my seedlings for garden #2 to plant.
 Blake, staying cool the only way he knows how.

 The most delicious water in the world is garden hose water.  :)
 The diva, keeling an eye on her chick chicks.
 Annabelle and Rosie.

 Miss Thelma.
 The lovely Annabelle.  They all have the softest feathers, and are getting so big.  I love my hens!
Jack, working on the coop today.  The large orange cooler is full of ice, with a fan blowing cool air into the coop.  He is working on my planting boxes in front of the coop.  

My yard looks amazing!  I am very proud of my little back-yard farm.  :)

***UPDATE***  And the little planter boxes are finished!  I planted apple mint, strawberries and lavender.  

I LOVE it! Thank you Jack.  :)

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Search

Loading...

Google+ Badge

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Follow by Email

Visitors