Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 19, 2015 - A Good Day For Cycling

I was sitting at my desk yesterday afternoon, applying sun screen. Blake looks at me curiously and asks, "Why the heck are you putting on sunscreen mom? You are inside?" 

My response..."If I apply sunscreen, I may as well go for a bike ride, right? I think this is called being proactive?" 

Blake replies..."No mom, Proactiv is what you apply for blackheads and zits." 

Really son? Are you kidding me right now? Truth be told, Blake is a little nervous to take his first right after his clavicle fracture, bless his heart. But we have to get back on the bike! 

The weather was perfect!  High in the mid 80's, and not a cloud in the sky.  I was determined to get a ride in, as I had not touched my bike since April.  At my age, exercise is so important.

Just as I was ready to ride, I could see that Blake was not feeling it at all.  Jack had the day off, and the last thing he wanted to do was take a long bike ride.  I completely understood, but was not going to waste such a gorgeous day, so a solo ride it would be.  Funny thing is, about five minutes after I left both daddy and Blake took off on their bikes, frantically trying to find me.  They worry too much!  

I really enjoyed my solo ride.  I did have to stop a few times to rest, which was a bit frustrating and new for me. I was not feeling any joint or muscle pain, but I was feeling really fatigued.  I hate how quickly my stamina diminishes when I slow down my activity levels.  I have to keep cycling part of my regularly scheduled program.

I managed 10.01 miles.  When it was time to ride back up the hill home, I called Garrett and Blake to come pick me up.  Partially so I could treat them to dinner, and partially because that ride back up hill is a doozy!  :)

Here are some pictures from my adventure yesterday..


I also decided it was time to clip the chicken's wings.  They were starting to jump up on the fence, and that is entirely too dangerous.  My neighbor has several dogs that would not hesitate to eat my girls.  

I had two options, clip their primary flight feathers, or keep them in their chicken coop 24/7. I love letting them free range in the yard, so number two was not an option.  With help from daddy and Garrett, they got their fist clipping.  It was a very quick and easy process, and they did not mind at all. Now I don't have to worry about them flying into trouble.


 They recovered pretty quickly.  :)

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors