Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24, 2014

Hello Dear Family,

We had some last minute back to school shopping to do this weekend.  Hubby Jack knows how much I hate shopping, so he was sure to get the day off so that he could do all the shopping for me. Jack does that, whatever I need...he provides.  He and Blake love to shop too, so they had an awesome time.

Jack...that man-o-mine.  I met Jack in a Country Western nightclub, in San Antonio Texas, on Friday, April the 13, 1984.  That was 30 years ago.  During those 30 years, we have experienced the highest of the highs...welcoming five children into our lives, and now our two precious grandchildren Cooper and Penny...and yes, some lows too. (We have a grandson named Oliver too, but we have not met him yet..not our choice. Perhaps someday we will.) Jack and I even separated and lived apart for 6 years.  However, those 6 years were only a geographic parting of the ways.  We lived in two separate houses, but he remained true to me, and I remained true to him. Even after we moved back in together, we still have our separate rooms.  I need my space, and he needs his, but no worries...we can meet at many points in between. TMI?  LOL :)  Our is not the traditional sort of marriage, but it works for us, and we love it.  What can I say, good times and bad, Jack is my other half.  He is my person.  :)

No matter what I need, Jack provides.  There are things about him that I wish were different.  I wish he could talk about things that bother him and not repeat himself.  My God this man can talk circles around a diplomat.  I wish he could be a stronger father for his sons.  When I say stronger, I refer only to emotionally stronger, as he is amazingly strong in every other aspect of father hood. He is always there for our children, they just don't talk much.

Here we are 30 years later, and he still thinks I am the most beautiful woman he has ever known.  Man can't keep his hands to himself...lol  And he tells me every day that he loves me. A kiss and an "I love you" every morning, and a kiss and "I love you" every night.  What more could a woman ask for?  And me, I am falling in love with the man all over again.  Sure, there are days I want to wring his neck, but I am happy to report that those days are fewer and far between.

And our sons, they have grown to love and appreciate dad too.  They have accepted that he is not perfect, but he is dad, and they love him.  For me, that demonstrates what amazing men they are.  I am so proud of my sons...truly I am.

Yes planet, I am rambling a bit today, but I am also feeling very blessed to have a good man to call my own.  And it seems the older I get, the more I grow to love that man. I can even say that I love him more today, than I have ever loved him. We are definitely a "Until death do us part" proposition.  Our retirement is going to be amazing.  After working hard all our lives, we will be able to travel, and buy that perfect little cabin in the mountains to spend our forever.  A place where our family can gather to celebrate the holidays...or simply celebrate life.  We have come a long way! We are blessed.

Hope you had a great day planet!  Blake starts school tomorrow, and I just know this is going to be an amazing, AMAZING, year.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.

My 365...
Organizing everything for school tomorrow.


I thought I would take a picture of daddy and I today too.  :)  

"Love you daddy."

Music I am listening to today...John Mayer, Clarity


The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors