Thursday, November 26, 2015

November 26, 2015 - A Nice Peaceful Easy Thanksgiving

Today we enjoyed a nice, peaceful, easy Thanksgiving.  For dinner it was only going to be Jack, Blake and I, so we picked out a smaller turkey.  Garrett was going to be having dinner at Genevieve's father's house, and Casey had to work and had been invited to have dinner with Brianna's father and grandmother. They promised to stop by after dinner to give me a hug, and they did. :)

Blake and Jack did all the cooking of our little turkey, and it was delicious.  It did, however, take forever to bake!  It was a stubborn little turkey.

Blake enjoyed helping dad with the cooking.

 A very stubborn little turkey...
 ...but quite a delicious dinner!  Well done, Blake.  We will have leftovers for days!
Miss Lilly waiting for the turkey to be done.

Brianna and Casey stopped by to visit, and shared with me the recording of the baby's heartbeat from her appointment yesterday.  They have decided to nickname the little one "Turbo", as the heartbeat was quick and strong.  Turbo sounds very healthy and very active, just like his/her father.  Brianna and Casey are so happy together, and I love that Brianna is now part of our family.  <3


Genevieve and Garrett stopped by later in the evening for a visit.  Genevieve brought some delicious deserts for us too.  She brought a yummy cookie butter cheesecake and some pumpkin bread pudding. We had a very nice visit as well.  It was a great way to wind down our day.  I truly enjoyed spending time with Genevieve and look forward to many more family gatherings with her.  She is awesome, and she and Garrett are perfect for each other. <3
I missed not having Brandon, Amber, Cooper and Penny with us. That would have made the day absolutely perfect.

Today was also the anniversary of mom's birthday.  Mom would have been 85 years old today.  I thought about her a lot throughout the day, we all did.  "Happy Birthday in heaven mom, we love you!

I was able to transfer mom's memorial video to Youtube.  Now I have it saved on my website and on Youtube so that I never have to worry about losing it.  


Now I shall sleep for the next 24 hours.  Turkey does that to you.  LOL :)

Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors