Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26, 2016 - What An Emotional Week!

My goodness, this past week has been a roller coaster ride of emotions that has left us all exhausted!

Saying good-bye to Dozer on Monday was harder than any of us anticipated. We all miss him so very much, and now the entire center level of the house feels empty.  We all took for granted that Dozer would always be here.  His death has left a huge hole in our hearts, that is for certain.
I was so touched by Garrett's girlfriend Genevieve.  She rushed right over with a hug, and a lovely garden stone to remember our Dozer by. Genevieve is the most amazing, loving and kind person I have ever met.  <3

The next day, on Tuesday, Garrett decided that Blake and I needed an impromptu adventure.  He drove us to Bogus Basin mountain to chase the sunset and celebrate Dozer.  Supra came with us, and we had a lovely time.  The mountain and sunset were stunning, and it was great to see Blake smile again.  The view was breathtaking, and we all decided that Dozer must have a pretty awesome view from the rainbow bridge.  Garrett loves this family so very much, and he will do anything for us.  I was reminded of this on Tuesday and feel so very blessed to have such a remarkable son.

Wednesday, Casey and Brianna got married, and they did not tell anyone they were going to!  Their plan is to have a wedding ceremony after the baby is born, so they figured that getting their wedding license would just be a formality and there was no need to bother anyone.  They soon figured out that was not the case.  I cried, Brianna's mom cried too.  But we forgive them for not letting us be there with them because we love them so darn much.  :)

Congratulations Casey and Brianna!
Today I also realized that February 24, the day Casey and Brianna got married, is also the anniversary of the day mom died.  February 24, 2007, we lost the most precious spirit in our life.  Casey loved his grandmother, and just the other day he told me he had a conversation with a lady that reminded him SO much of mom. Then to realize that he got married on the anniversary of her death is such an amazing coincidence.  Mom is blessing their union from above.  "Thank you, mom." Casey was born on February 6th, which is also the anniversary of the day that Brianna's grandmother died.  Brianna loved her grandmother very much. Then to marry Brianna on the anniversary of the day his own beloved grandmother died is really remarkable to me.  A union blessed from their guardian angels above. <3 

Thursday, Brianna and Casey invited me to their 3-D ultrasound.  Baby Axel is growing healthy and strong, and he is beautiful!!  He had his face pointed towards Brianna's back, but the technician somehow managed to get some pretty clear images of his beautiful face.  My precious grandson has a perfect little button nose, big, full, pouty "Robertson" lips, and is absolutely adorable.  He is the perfect combination of Brianna and Casey.  It was a very cool experience seeing him for the first time.  Brianna's mom and grandmother were there too.  It was a lovely moment for all of us.  We can not wait to meet our sweet baby Turbo.  :)
Finally, I realized last night, that yesterday was the 5th anniversary of the day I held my first grandchild in my arms.  One of the most amazing experiences of my life!  It was the day that I met my precious Cooper.  My first experience as a grandmother, Jack's first experience as a grandfather, and Garrett, Casey and Blake's first experience as uncles.  It was such an emotional day.  One that I will never forget.

February 25, 2011. :)
This all brings to mind how blessed we are.  Sure, there are days we can not stand each other! Days I would like to invite them to take a long walk off of a short bridge.  However, I will always be there to toss them a life ring, pull them back to safety, to hug them hard and never let go.  Once the dust settles, I see, and I hope we can all remember, that we are a beautiful family and we have so much to be thankful for.  And above all, I love ALL my children and extended family, through thick and thin. Always and forever times infinity. <3

Some photos from our adventure with Garrett and Supra the Wonder Dog...
Life is a blessing of epic proportions.  Life is also a circle of amazing events, and if we pay attention to the little details, we can truly experience the magic of every single second.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors