Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 20, 2016 - My Sweet Friend

My sweet Dozer is losing mobility.  He can no longer stand or walk without assistance.  It truly breaks my heart. :'(

The boys, specifically Garrett, is not ready to say goodbye.  He feels like Dozer is just having a few rough days after too much exercise.  I hope that is the case, but my heart knows better.  The average life expectancy for a Great Pyrenees is 12 years.  Dozer turned 12 in January, so it is no surprise that he has slowed down so much.

We use a towel around his lower legs to lift him and help him into the yard to take care of business.  His appetite is still good, he gets lots of soft foods and yummy treats.  He especially loves cheesy fresh eggs from the hens.

We will continue to do all we can to pamper him and keep him comfortable.  My prayer is that when it is time, I know so that I can sit with him.  I just don't want him to suffer. He is not in any pain, but is experiencing a slow paralysis that is creeping slowly forward from his hind quarters.

Here are some photos from the last two days.

I helped Dozer out onto the patio to enjoy some breakfast and a beautiful sunrise.



An afternoon in the garden with friends,
 Annabelle got a little too close to Dozer, and Miss Lilly did not approve.
 Miss Lilly is always watching out for her Dozer.
 My sweet boy enjoying some water.

A beautiful moon this evening for my Dozer. We love you Doz Doz.

Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors