Today was day one of cycling season. I was a little nervous about taking too long of a ride. My last bike ride was in October, for just over 2 miles. The last long ride was 12 miles in September, so I wanted to take it slow. I will admit though, the fact that I felt nervous about riding confused me a little? I have quite a few miles under my belt. Perhaps as I get older, I get a little more cautious.
I am happy to report that other than being a little nervous starting out, it was an easy ride. The only pain I felt was in my wrists. Otherwise, I did great. Stamina was good, and my legs were strong.
On the way home, the last 1/2 mile is straight up a big hill. On a good day, it is impossible to ride up on a fixed gear bike. Blake decided to text big brother to see if he was home, and perhaps he could give us a ride. Garrett had just gotten home from work, so he was happy to rescue us at the bottom of the hill.
This particular hill is almost impossible to ride to the top of. Ordinarily we take the hill a few miles down, but due to some construction on the greenbelt, we had to detour. We end up walking the bikes anyway. One day I will pedal all the way up that sucker. You just wait! I have also decided that it is time to graduate from my cruiser bike to an 18 speed mountain bike. Cruising is okay for a slow, casual ride, but I am reading to step up my biking game.
It is going to be a great cycling year.
Ready for our first ride.
Until next time...enjoy life, and be kind to one another.
The Daily V...
My 365 Blog.
Follow Me on...
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- March 31, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, March Tot...
- March 29, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 7
- March 27, 2015 - Say Good-Bye to Your Scooter Dad!...
- March 27, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 6
- March 26, 2015 - Too Many Hobbies?
- March 25, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 5
- March 22, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 4
- March 21, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 3
- March 14, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 2
- March 13, 2015 - New Cycling Challenge!
- March 7, 2015 - Day One of Cycling Season, 2015
- When Is a Salad, Not A Salad?
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- 2011 (631)
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)