Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, 2015 - 2015 Cycling Challenge, Ride 2

Hello Dear Family,

Blake and I enjoyed a 12 mile bike ride...in the pouring rain.  I was so excited to ride my new bike today, that I was not going to let the weather stand in the way.  It was a bit soggy, but Blake and I had a great ride.

Hello rain.
The trees are starting to bloom. 
We discovered these cycling stations all along the greenbelt, that are equipped with every tool you would need to repair your bike.  Very cool!

We met Casey for lunch.   


We discovered a memorial area in one of the parks, dedicated to cancer survivors.  

 Beautiful kite sculptures. 
 


Blake and I decided we need a mascot to join us on our biking challenge.

Meet Jerry Garcia.  It will be fun photographing him along the way.  :)



The rain finally stopped when we were almost home. 
Then this little stinker tried to abscond with my ride!  :)

Garrett came home and added 12 quarters to my Challenge can, and added an extra 2 quarters for dangerous conditions...as it was raining.  LOL.  I am up to $6.00.  Woot!
What we learned today...

1.  Riding your bike in the rain, is a great way to wash the clothes you are wearing.
2.  Never end a bike race at Zoo Boise.  Not a great place to take a "breather" if you know what I mean?  Sucking in air that is laced with the not-so-delightful smell of elephant poo can be dangerous.  
3.  Chick-fil-A food sucks!
4.  My new bike is awesome!  Being able to shift gears makes riding so much easier.
5.  Boise is a great place to live if you like cycling.

That is all.  :)

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,





My 365 Blog.

Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors